Monday, October 5, 2015

an ocean of love

you are...my ocean.
as you pass me in the street
the breeze of you fills my senses
refreshing my lungs and
giving me fuel to go on
1, 2, 3. breathe out.
1, 2, 3. breathe in.

thoughts of you warm me
from my head to my toe
in my heart and on my nose
you bring sunshine in the rain
and heat to the winter storm
your footsteps walk beside me
in the sun-soaked, salty sand

the rhythm of your heart beats
as the sound of the waves
soothing and smooth
with great care among others
you are cool and collected
but warm with adventure
always ready for tomorrow.

you are...my ocean.
the speckled memories of your past
broken, together, and sharing
with me your deepest memories
seashells along a vast shoreline
sometimes worn, and sometimes
growing new layers to show

make layers with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment